List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cal Evans Date:November 30 2005 5:07am
Subject:Re: Windows - logging into MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,

If you've just installed it then the root user has no password.
Change the root user to have a password then you will have to specify
the -p parameter on the command line before you can log in. (Or you can
put it in your local my.cnf file)

=C=
www.calevans.com

Beauford wrote:
> I just installed MySQL 3.23 (the only one I could get to work) and I find
> that I can log into the server just by typing mysql at the DOS prompt. Ho do
> make it so you have to use a user name and password to get in.
>
> Thanks
>
> Running on Win2k Advance Server.

Thread
Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford30 Nov
  • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLCal Evans30 Nov
    • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford30 Nov
  • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLSGreen30 Nov
    • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford30 Nov
      • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLsean c peters1 Dec
    • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLMatt Monaco30 Nov
RE: Windows - logging into MySQLSST - Adelaide)30 Nov
  • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford1 Dec
    • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLJ.R. Bullington1 Dec
      • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford1 Dec
        • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLStephen Cook1 Dec