List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cal Evans Date:November 30 2005 5:06am
Subject:Re: SHOW commands.
View as plain text
You could still still use mysqldump. There is a parameter to specify
which specific table you want to dump.

Usage: mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables]

=C=
www.calevans.com

Michael Williams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a command similar to "SHOW CREATE TABLE. . ." that will  output
> the commands to fully duplicate a table; data and all?  I want  to
> retrieve the command and write it to a text file.
>
> Basically what I need is a "SHOW" on "CREATE TABLE copy SELECT * FROM
> original", but SHOW doesn't seem to work here.  I need a copy of this
> command so that I can then replicate that table as often as desired  in
> the future on whatever system is in place.  I could obviously dump  the
> entire db, but i only want this on a per table basis, as I deem
> necessary, whenever I deem it so.  Any help would be greatly  appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Thread
SHOW commands.Michael Williams30 Nov
  • Re: SHOW commands.Rhino30 Nov
    • Re: SHOW commands.Michael Williams30 Nov
      • Re: SHOW commands.Kristen G. Thorson30 Nov
  • Re: SHOW commands.Cal Evans30 Nov
  • Re: SHOW commands.Peter Brawley30 Nov
RE: SHOW commands.Mikhail Berman30 Nov