List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dewald Troskie Date:November 29 2005 12:12pm
Subject:Data type in MySQL /
View as plain text
I'm relatively new to the MySQL / Web development  - database
environmeent, having moved from Microsoft SQL. Just two questions ?
1. I have an ASP.Net page that commits data to a MySQL database. I have
several check boxes on the page. What data type do I define my fields in
the database as (similar to a boolean value) to write a checked value.
2. I have a foreign key field in the database. On the web page I have a
drop down list populated by the text value from table in the database
that the foreign key refers to. How can I convert this to a integer
reference in the page so that I can write the foreign key.
Thanks in advance,

#the.innovation.hub - hotel.street

Data type in MySQL / ASP.netDewald Troskie29 Nov
  • Re: Data type in MySQL / ASP.netStephen Moretti29 Nov
  • query problemross8 Mar
    • Re: query problemPeter Brawley8 Mar
    • Re: query problemDon Read12 Mar