List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hal Vaughan Date:November 28 2005 9:39pm
Subject:Numbering Rows on Output
View as plain text
I have a table that lists the tasks a program has to do.  Lately I've found I
can have an "at-a-glance" status report of how things are going on by writing
a loop (in bash scripting, on Linux, btw) that uses "mysql -e" to display the
list of tasks and their current state.  It's quick and a lot simpler than I
thought it would be to create a self-updating status display.

The only thing missing is that it would be helpful to be able to add an extra
column on the left for a row count -- preferably so each selected row has a
number beside it, but putting a summary count on the last line (or adding an
extra line with a summary count below it) would be helpful.

I've Googled, but it seems this is almost impossible to do.  Is it?  Or is
there a simple way to have a count next to the rows being displayed?

Thanks!

Hal
Thread
Numbering Rows on OutputHal Vaughan28 Nov
  • Re: Numbering Rows on OutputDan Nelson28 Nov
    • Re: Numbering Rows on OutputHal Vaughan28 Nov