List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cory @ SkyVantage Date:November 28 2005 7:38pm
Subject:Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?
View as plain text
I have a similar question.   How do you test if the field in question
isn't NULL or ''  (empty string)?   Is the LENGTH a good test or is
there a better way?

SGreen@stripped wrote:

>LENGTH does exist (as a function):
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/string-functions.html
>
>and here is how to use the IF() function:
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/control-flow-functions.html
>
>I believe this is the equivalent statement you wanted:
>
>SELECT
>  fieldOne,
>  fieldTwo,
>  IF(CHAR_LENGTH(fieldThree)>0,fieldThree,fieldFour) as Company
>FROM table;

Thread
How to use Logic in View Statment?Scott Klarenbach28 Nov
  • Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?SGreen28 Nov
    • Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?Cory @ SkyVantage28 Nov
      • Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?SGreen28 Nov
    • Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?Martijn Tonies28 Nov
    • Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?Scott Klarenbach5 Dec
      • Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?SGreen5 Dec
  • Re: How to use Logic in View Statment?Peter Brawley28 Nov
RE: How to use Logic in View Statment?Gelu Gogancea28 Nov