List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:November 25 2005 8:46am
Subject:Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultset
View as plain text
Hmm ... I'll see what I can do then.

Thanks.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

  >I tried that, but in Delphi with the particular component-set I'm using,
  >this raises: mySQL Error Code: (1312)
  >PROCEDURE test.p_Select() can't return a result set in the given context

  Ah, you're not the first to have that error message, eg see the discussions at
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?98,40521,41706
  http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?98,42347,42347#msg-42347
  http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=12335
  http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?98,48703,49918

  Not sure which of those approaches will work for you.

  PB

  -----

  Martijn Tonies wrote:
 >CREATE PROCEDURE P_Select()
 >READS SQL DATA
 >begin
 >select * from enum_table;
 >end
 >How would I get a resultset?

No need for an OUT param, just call the sproc, you'll see.

Thread
Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetMartijn Tonies24 Nov
  • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetPeter Brawley24 Nov
  • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetMartijn Tonies24 Nov
    • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetPeter Brawley24 Nov
  • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetMartijn Tonies25 Nov