List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:November 24 2005 6:11pm
Subject:Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultset
View as plain text
Hi Martijn

 >I tried that, but in Delphi with the particular component-set I'm using,
 >this raises: mySQL Error Code: (1312)
 >PROCEDURE test.p_Select() can't return a result set in the given context

Ah, you're not the first to have that error message, eg see the
discussions at http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?98,40521,41706
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?98,42347,42347#msg-42347
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=12335
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?98,48703,49918

Not sure which of those approaches will work for you.

PB

-----

Martijn Tonies wrote:

>> >CREATE PROCEDURE P_Select()
>> >READS SQL DATA
>> >begin
>> >select * from enum_table;
>> >end
>> >How would I get a resultset?
>>
>>No need for an OUT param, just call the sproc, you'll see.
>>

>I tried that, but in Delphi with the particular component-set I'm using,
>this
>raises:
>mySQL Error Code: (1312)
>PROCEDURE test.p_Select() can't return a result set in the given context
>
>With regards,
>
>Martijn Tonies
>Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL
>Server
>Upscene Productions
>http://www.upscene.com
>Database development questions? Check the forum!
>http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.7/181 - Release Date: 11/24/2005
Thread
Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetMartijn Tonies24 Nov
  • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetPeter Brawley24 Nov
  • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetMartijn Tonies24 Nov
    • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetPeter Brawley24 Nov
  • Re: Using a Stored Procedure that returns a resultsetMartijn Tonies25 Nov