List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marko Knezevic Date:November 23 2005 1:09pm
Subject:Re: Tips for better performance
View as plain text
> Do you have an index "deleted + name" on the accounts table?
> How many rows have "deleted=0"?

that depends because SugarCRM doesn't delete anything from DB just marks
item as deleted using this field.

> Can you apply any more filter in the users table (like date)?
> You are requesting all rows.

no, because purpose of this query is to list all contacts, and using LIMIT
contacts are then paginated on web site.

> How many rows do you have in the users table?

We are not sure how many user will be in our DB, but my asumption is that
there should not be more than 40 - 50, but don't take my word on it...

BTW, we managed to solve most of our problem by adding lots of indexes,
because this db was not indexed at all !!! So, we will post the results soon
when we tweak everything.
We are still open to reccomendations about tweaking my.cnf file because that
is next step after we optimize tables. As i mentioned we are using Double
Xeon processors with 2 GB RAM, and two SCSI HDDs in RAID0 mode. Will it be
enough to use only my-huge.cnf file or we can do some more tweaks?

And, thank you all for your help on this issue, we appreciate it very much

Regards,
Marko

Thread
Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceScott Haneda22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
    • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDan Baker22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio23 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic23 Nov