List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mail@ejain.com Date:November 22 2005 4:25pm
Subject:Getting no of different rows by group by clause
View as plain text
Hi Friends,
I have a table like

name

MAD
LHR
MAD
LHR
AKL
AWL
AKL
LHR

I want the output as:
LHR 3
AKL 2
AWL 1

etc...

ie the no of entires sorted by their no of appearences.
I cannot do that by select name from tab_name group by name as it will not
give me the no of rows.

Pl. help me to find it. I know it would be simple but i think i am missing
some basic of MySQL.
Thanks
--
Regards
Abhishek Jain

http://mail2web.com/ .

Thread
Getting no of different rows by group by clausemail@ejain.com22 Nov
  • Re: Getting no of different rows by group by clauseJeremy Cole22 Nov
  • Re: Getting no of different rows by group by clausePeter Brawley22 Nov
  • Re: Getting no of different rows by group by clauseRhino22 Nov