List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:November 22 2005 1:47pm
Subject:Re: Tips for better performance
View as plain text
> >> I have a table with 5,000,000 records that takes about 1 second
> >> to show the results.
> >
> > All rows?
>
> No. The queries return an average of 30 rows.
>
> I just wanted to say that the problem isn´t the table size, but the
> query X indexes used.

Right :-)

I just wanted to say that it's a weird statement that "results" are always
shown in about 1 second.

This depends on your queries as well :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceScott Haneda22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
    • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDan Baker22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio23 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic23 Nov