List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:November 22 2005 1:41pm
Subject:Re: termcap functions library... configure: error: No curses/termcap
library found
View as plain text
Hi Jörg, all!

Jörg Nowak wrote:
> I try to run
>
> ./configure --with-ndbcluster --prefix=/STEFAN/mysql-5.1.2-binary --with-partition
> --with-row-based-replication --with-innodb --without-berkeley-db
> --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-shared
>
> but it fails with
>
> checking for termcap functions library... configure: error: No curses/termcap library
> found
>
> I checked the /etc folder , there is a link to this library to
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Mar 23 2005 termcap -> /usr/share/misc/termcap
>
> and the file is there :
> stefan:/usr/share/misc # ll ter*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 923665 Apr 6 2004 termcap

You do not say which platform you are using, all I can tell is that it
is some unix-style system.
Well, it does not matter too much. I assume it is some Linux, you have
to adapt my text to other platforms as needed.

On my machine (SuSE 9.1):
    joerg@trift2:~> file /usr/share/misc/termcap
    /usr/share/misc/termcap: ASCII text
Try "more /usr/share/misc/termcap" to see that this is no library, it is
data (in plain ASCII text) describing TERMinal types and their CAPabilities.

Even if that were the library, it alone is not sufficient for compiling:

> Do I need this somewhere else ?

Still on my machine:
    joerg@trift2:~> rpm -qa | egrep 'term|curses'
    terminfo-5.4-59
    xtermset-0.5.2-118
    ncurses-5.4-61.3
    ncurses-devel-5.4-61.3
    yast2-ncurses-2.9.26-0.3

> What can I do ?

Install the "ncurses" and the "ncurses-devel" packages:
The first one contains the libraries (for linking and executing), the
second the corresponding header files (for compiling).
You may already have the first one installed, as it also contains that
"termcap" file.
The second one also contains manuals etc which you may not need, but the
header files are essential for compilation.

HTH,
Jörg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
termcap functions library... configure: error: No curses/termcap library foundJörg Nowak18 Nov
  • Re: termcap functions library... configure: error: No curses/termcaplibrary foundJoerg Bruehe22 Nov