List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Bolser Date:November 22 2005 11:42am
Subject:Re: SSH tunnel for Mysql
View as plain text
Jerry Swanson wrote:
> Both Linux computers.

This is what I do...

$ more ssh_to_mysql_on_beta
#!/bin/sh

ssh \
  -t \
  -g \
  -L 3306:beta.domain.ac.uk:3306 \
  dmb@stripped \
  "./bin/sleep.plx mysql"

That last line is a trick to prevent the terminal from 'timeing out'.
The sleep.plx application is just a little perl script which writes
"sleeping $ARGV[0]\n" every 5 minuites.

Running the above on my local machine (linux) allows me to connect to
mysql on 'local' port 3306, and have that magically redirected via ssh
to beta port 3306.

Dan.
Thread
SSH tunnel for MysqlJerry Swanson20 Nov
  • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlLee Zelyck20 Nov
  • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlRhino20 Nov
    • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlDaniel Walker20 Nov
  • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlGleb Paharenko21 Nov
    • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlJerry Swanson21 Nov
      • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlDan Bolser22 Nov
  • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlKaram Chand8 Dec
    • Re: SSH tunnel for MysqlCal Evans8 Dec