List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marko Knezevic Date:November 22 2005 10:02am
Subject:Re: Tips for better performance
View as plain text
> See below, and check that the indexes are right, or that the queries
> aren't
> negating the indexes.  I can run queries against a properly indexed table
> of
> 26 million rows in less than a second on lesser hardware (ok, so the SAN
> isn't lesser).  The manual also contains a lot of information on how to
> tune
> MySQL for large memory environments - the default configuration is for <
> 256
> MB I think.#

Thank you Duncan and Scott, we are using MySQL v.4.1.12. Table type is
MyISAM and following lines are inside my.cnf file:

Regards
Marko

skip-innodb
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
#socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
## Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
## clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip-locking
max_allowed_packet = 2M
table_cache = 1024
# po klijentu
sort_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer_size = 4M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 2M

log = /var/log/queriji.log

myisam_sort_buffer_size = 128M
thread_cache = 128
key_buffer = 512M
query_cache_limit = 2M
query_cache_size = 512M
#query_cache_type = 1
# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
thread_concurrency = 4

thread_cache_size = 120

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[mysqld_safe]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

[client]
#password       = your_password
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysqldump]
quick
max_allowed_packet = 16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 128M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

[myisamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 128M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

Thread
Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceScott Haneda22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
    • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDan Baker22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio23 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic23 Nov