List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Hill Date:November 22 2005 9:29am
Subject:Re: Tips for better performance
View as plain text
On Tuesday 22 Nov 2005 09:24, Marko Knezevic wrote:

> is running on dedicated server which consists of two Xeons @ 3 Ghz, 2 GB
> RAM and two 150 GB disks @ 10000 rpm running under RAID 1 controller. OS is
> CentOS 4.2

A very recent article that crossed my eyes indicates that in certain cases, HT
can decrease performance of certain server types (SQL Server (MS) in
particular).  It may be worth testing this.

> results. Some selects needs around 10 seconds to finish, some take even
> longer. We didn't do any MySQL optimizations, so my question is how to
> optimize MySQL for such big amount of data. If it would be more convenient
> we could even provide SSH acces to our server.

See below, and check that the indexes are right, or that the queries aren't
negating the indexes.  I can run queries against a properly indexed table of
26 million rows in less than a second on lesser hardware (ok, so the SAN
isn't lesser).  The manual also contains a lot of information on how to tune
MySQL for large memory environments - the default configuration is for < 256
MB I think.#

> I would like to send you queries in question but these queries are in
> SugarCRM. Is there any tool that logs every query that comes to MySQL so i
> can examine these?

MySQL can log every query, and all slow queries.  You haven't said what
version of MySQL, nor what table type you're using, however:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/log-files.html
should be a useful start.
----
Scanned by mailCritical.
Thread
Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceScott Haneda22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
    • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDan Baker22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio23 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic23 Nov