List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marko Knezevic Date:November 22 2005 9:24am
Subject:Tips for better performance
View as plain text
Good morning everybody!

We are working on a big project involving SugarCRM and in the end it will
contain around 1 000 000 records per table in MySQL database. Whole system
is running on dedicated server which consists of two Xeons @ 3 Ghz, 2 GB RAM
and two 150 GB disks @ 10000 rpm running under RAID 1 controller. OS is
CentOS 4.2

We've been testing the system with 1000000 test records to see how it will
work when doing selects from db and we are pretty disappointed with the
results. Some selects needs around 10 seconds to finish, some take even
longer. We didn't do any MySQL optimizations, so my question is how to
optimize MySQL for such big amount of data. If it would be more convenient
we could even provide SSH acces to our server.

I would like to send you queries in question but these queries are in
SugarCRM. Is there any tool that logs every query that comes to MySQL so i
can examine these?

Best regards,
Marko

Thread
Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceScott Haneda22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
    • Re: Tips for better performanceDuncan Hill22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMartijn Tonies22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceDan Baker22 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceRonan Lucio23 Nov
  • Re: Tips for better performanceMarko Knezevic23 Nov