List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:November 20 2005 4:01am
Subject:Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefix
View as plain text
Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
> For God's sake, guys, trim your posts!

Sorry.

> Michael's solution will not produce reliable results as it will return
> at least two results for many different phone numbers, with no way to
> tell which is the correct result.

Really?  As I said, I don't claim to be an expert on phone numbers, but if
they're ambiguous, how do they work?  That is, if a number can start with a
valid prefix for two different places, where does the call go?  Surely, there
must be a way to parse a phone number that correctly directs the call.  The
question then becomes, how can we implement that method in mysql?  Do you have a
solution?

Michael
Thread
Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixabhishek jain19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixPeter Brawley19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
      • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixJasper Bryant-Greene20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson20 Nov