List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jasper Bryant-Greene Date:November 20 2005 3:30am
Subject:Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefix
View as plain text
Michael Stassen wrote:
>> Anyway, I just wanted to share these observations with the original
>> poster - and anyone else on the list who is following this issue - to
>> help put some perspective on the matter. Again, feel free to ignore me
>> if you like. :-)
>
> All good points.  As you say, if the numbers are user entered, they
> almost certainly contain garbage.  On the other hand, he could be
> processing logs of actual calls, in which case the numbers would almost
> certainly be complete.

For God's sake, guys, trim your posts!

Michael's solution will not produce reliable results as it will return
at least two results for many different phone numbers, with no way to
tell which is the correct result.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
General Manager

+64 21 708 334
jasper@stripped
Thread
Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixabhishek jain19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixPeter Brawley19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
      • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixJasper Bryant-Greene20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson20 Nov