List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:November 19 2005 6:14pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefix
View as plain text
Peter Brawley wrote:
> abhishek jain,
>
>  >I need to find the country name from the country prefix so eg. i have
>  >a mysql table with prefix and name as the coumns and with datas like :
>  >1          USA
>  >11        XYZ
>  >44        UK
>  >91        India
>  >92        Pakistan
>  >123      ZXF
>
> You mean 'Country Code', right? 'International prefix' usually means
> 'international dialing prefix' (eg http://kropla.com/dialcode.htm#IDD).
>
> Country codes can be 1-4 digits long, and some satellite services use
> multiple codes for some countries, so it's a much better idea to
> separate country phone codes into their own column.
>
> PB

Umm, isn't that exactly what he's done?  Perhaps you mean it would be better if
the string to match came with the prefix already separated from the rest of the
string?  That certainly would be better, if he has control over that end of
things.  In the meantime, his data is not separated, so separating it will
require performing the match he asked for.

Michael
Thread
Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixabhishek jain19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixPeter Brawley19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
      • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixJasper Bryant-Greene20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson20 Nov