List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:cnelson Date:November 19 2005 3:23pm
Subject:Creating a view from a join
View as plain text
I have two tables with quite a few fields and I want to create a view
into a limited join of the table.  I have a query like:

   select * from person
      inner join student on person.id=student.id
      where person.dormant != 'Y';

The select works fine but when I try to use MySQL Query Browser to
create a view from that query, it says that there's a duplicate column,
id.  Is there a way that I can say something like:

   select * except student.id from ...

Aside from explicitly listing all columns, is there an easy way to
accomplish this view?
Thread
Creating a view from a joincnelson19 Nov
  • Re: Creating a view from a joinMartijn Tonies19 Nov