List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:November 19 2005 2:54pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefix
View as plain text
abhishek jain,

 >I need to find the country name from the country prefix so eg. i have
 >a mysql table with prefix and name as the coumns and with datas like :
 >1          USA
 >11        XYZ
 >44        UK
 >91        India
 >92        Pakistan
 >123      ZXF

You mean 'Country Code', right? 'International prefix' usually means
'international dialing prefix' (eg http://kropla.com/dialcode.htm#IDD).

Country codes can be 1-4 digits long, and some satellite services use
multiple codes for some countries, so it's a much better idea to
separate country phone codes into their own column.

PB

-----

abhishek jain wrote:

> Hi Friends,
> I have a ticky mysql problem.
> I need to find the country name from the country prefix so eg. i have
> a mysql table with prefix and name as the coumns and with datas like :
> Prefix,  Name
> 1          USA
> 11        XYZ
> 44        UK
> 91        India
> 92        Pakistan
> 123      ZXF
> and i have a number like 911122334455 and i need t match that to india.
> I cannt do that directly by this statement select name from
> country_table where prefix='91'; for the simple reason as i do not
> have the length or the no. of digits the prefix is beforehand.
> Pl. help me out.
> Quick help will be appreciated.

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.4/175 - Release Date: 11/18/2005
Thread
Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixabhishek jain19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixPeter Brawley19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen19 Nov
  • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixRhino19 Nov
    • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
      • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixJasper Bryant-Greene20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixMichael Stassen20 Nov
        • Re: Mysql Finding the country name from country prefixBjörn Persson20 Nov