List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tripp Bishop Date:November 18 2005 8:40pm
Subject:Re: Connection Problem
View as plain text
Michael, you hit the nail on the head. We added
--skip-name-resolve and changed our connnection string
to use the IP instead of FQDN and now things are
working fine. It must have been something with our
DNS/ISP since we changed nothing and that stuff is out
of our control.

The other thing was captured from our PHP logs. Not
sure what that's on about. We'll just have to monitor
it and see if pattern develops.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Tripp

--- Michael Stassen <Michael.Stassen@stripped>

<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/access-denied.html>,
> about a third of
> the way down, for some hints about DNS problems.
>
> > We've seen some errors in our logs that state:
> Can't
> > connect to local MySQL server through socket
> > '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'. Why would php
> > mysql_connect be trying to connect to the local
> MySQL
> > Server? Our connection string should point it to
> the
> > db server.
>
> Which logs?  Are you sure this is the same problem?
> What is the connection
> string?  Do you capture error messages from mysql in
> your php script?
>
> > We're using php 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.0.20.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> > Tripp

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com
Thread
A "key" questionMikhail Berman17 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionJasper Bryant-Greene17 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionPeter Brawley17 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman17 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionJeremy Cole17 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionJeremy Cole18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionMichael Stassen18 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionMichael Stassen18 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionDavid Griffiths18 Nov
  • Connection ProblemTripp Bishop18 Nov
    • Re: Connection ProblemMichael Stassen18 Nov
      • Re: Connection ProblemTripp Bishop18 Nov