List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tripp Bishop Date:November 18 2005 7:31pm
Subject:Connection Problem
View as plain text
Hello all,

Suddenly in the last hour or so the connection speed
between our webserver and database server has
skyrocketed to the point that our site is no longer
usable! Just trying to connection via the mysql client
takes a long time. Once the connection is established,
however, queries seem to execute in a timely fashion.
As far as we can tell the network connection between
the two boxes is fine (at least testing by ping OK)
and again, once connected everything seems fine.

We've seen some errors in our logs that state: Can't
connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'. Why would php
mysql_connect be trying to connect to the local MySQL
Server? Our connection string should point it to the
db server.

We're using php 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.0.20.

Thanks for any help,

Tripp

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com
Thread
A "key" questionMikhail Berman17 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionJasper Bryant-Greene17 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionPeter Brawley17 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman17 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionJeremy Cole17 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionJeremy Cole18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionMichael Stassen18 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionMichael Stassen18 Nov
RE: A "key" questionMikhail Berman18 Nov
  • Re: A "key" questionDavid Griffiths18 Nov
  • Connection ProblemTripp Bishop18 Nov
    • Re: Connection ProblemMichael Stassen18 Nov
      • Re: Connection ProblemTripp Bishop18 Nov