List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:November 18 2005 6:17pm
Subject:Re: "Function Does Not Exist"
View as plain text
Jesse,

/>I'm using the following code in my ASP.NET application to add a new record
 >to the database, and return the added ID:/

You may have persuaded dotNet that your sproc returns something, ie that
it is a function, but you apparently created it as a procedure. An sproc
returns nothing.

PB

-----

Jesse Castleberry wrote:

>I'm using the following code in my ASP.NET application to add a new record
>to the database, and return the added ID:
>
>   Cmd=New MySqlCommand("sp_InsertNewCamper",Conn)
>   Cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
>   paramReqID = Cmd.Parameters.Add("return",SqlDbType.Int)
>   paramReqID.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue
>   Cmd.Parameters.Add("FirstName",FirstName.Text)
>   Cmd.Parameters.Add("LastName",LastName.Text)
>   Cmd.Parameters.Add("UserName",UserName.Text)
>   Cmd.Parameters.Add("Password",Password.Text)
>
>   Cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
>   cID = CStr(Cmd.Parameters("return").Value)
>
>When I execute this code, I get the error, "#42000FUNCTION
>fccamp.sp_InsertNewCamper does not exist".  However, it DOES exist.  I can
>see it.  It's named exactly the same, there are no misspellings or anything.
>One other difference is that this is calling it a "function" where it is
>actually a procedure.  I could make this a function, I guess, however, I
>don't know how to write the code in ASP.NET to grab the return value.
>
>I've checked Google, and found very little on this error, and don't even
>know what to look for in the manual. Does anyone know what might be going on
>here?
>
>Thanks,
>Jesse

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.4/175 - Release Date: 11/18/2005
Thread
"Function Does Not Exist"Jesse Castleberry18 Nov
  • Re: "Function Does Not Exist"Peter Brawley18 Nov
  • Re: "Function Does Not Exist"Pyt20 Nov