List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Castleberry Date:November 18 2005 4:37pm
Subject:"Function Does Not Exist"
View as plain text
I'm using the following code in my ASP.NET application to add a new record
to the database, and return the added ID:

   Cmd=New MySqlCommand("sp_InsertNewCamper",Conn)
   Cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
   paramReqID = Cmd.Parameters.Add("return",SqlDbType.Int)
   paramReqID.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue
   Cmd.Parameters.Add("FirstName",FirstName.Text)
   Cmd.Parameters.Add("LastName",LastName.Text)
   Cmd.Parameters.Add("UserName",UserName.Text)
   Cmd.Parameters.Add("Password",Password.Text)

   Cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
   cID = CStr(Cmd.Parameters("return").Value)

When I execute this code, I get the error, "#42000FUNCTION
fccamp.sp_InsertNewCamper does not exist".  However, it DOES exist.  I can
see it.  It's named exactly the same, there are no misspellings or anything.
One other difference is that this is calling it a "function" where it is
actually a procedure.  I could make this a function, I guess, however, I
don't know how to write the code in ASP.NET to grab the return value.

I've checked Google, and found very little on this error, and don't even
know what to look for in the manual. Does anyone know what might be going on
here?

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
"Function Does Not Exist"Jesse Castleberry18 Nov
  • Re: "Function Does Not Exist"Peter Brawley18 Nov
  • Re: "Function Does Not Exist"Pyt20 Nov