List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:November 11 2005 3:43pm
Subject:Re: Does MySQL Support '=' Sign?
View as plain text
>Did you read the link?

Yes.

>The OP wanted to know if MySQL supported the = sign in a SELECT statement.
The documentaion I referred the OP to clearly >differentiates the use of =
and := within SELECT statements and SET statements for MySQL. If the MySQL
behavior is not what >they were hoping for then they are now informed that a
form used in MS SQL to produce column aliases does not work the same >way on
MySQL platform and why it doesn't work that way.  I don't think I could have
explained it myself any better than what >was already documented. Hence, the
simple RTFM answer....

Ah, just wanted to make clear you didn't mean to say something
along the lines of "with variables, you can use such and such and
you can work around it with this".

>BTW -- the "SELECT ID TAG_ID,..." form works equally well on MS SQL to
produce column aliases because it is ANSI >compliant.

Agreed.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Does MySQL Support '=' Sign?The Nice Spider11 Nov
  • Re: Does MySQL Support '=' Sign?SGreen11 Nov
    • Re: Does MySQL Support '=' Sign?Martijn Tonies11 Nov
      • Re: Does MySQL Support '=' Sign?SGreen11 Nov
        • Re: Does MySQL Support '=' Sign?Martijn Tonies11 Nov
  • Re: Does MySQL Support '=' Sign?Pooly11 Nov