List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Castleberry Date:November 10 2005 7:49pm
Subject:Format for saving date field.
View as plain text
When doing an update or insert into a database with a date field, the format
for the data on the screen is m/d/yyyy.  However, I believe that MySQL is
expecting it in the format of yyyy-mm-dd.  I'm using MySQL in an ASP.Net
application.  Is there an EASY way to convert to the data to a format that
MySQL will allow either with some MySQL function, or with an ASP.NET
function?  I realize that I could "rip the data apart", and put it back in
the same format that MySQL is looking for, but there's got to be some easier
way.

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
Format for saving date field.Jesse Castleberry10 Nov
RE: Format for saving date field.Gordon Bruce10 Nov