List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hugh Date:November 10 2005 12:20pm
Subject:Server-side functions
View as plain text

I have written a little routine that returns somebody's age from a date-of-birth input,
and it has always worked perfectly as part of a client-side front end.

However, the best place for it is as a server-side function, which MySQL v.5 now allows.
So I have re-written it as a server-side function and tried to run it, but it only works
so long as I log in as root. Any other user throws up an error, regardless of permissions
granted. And even logged in as root, I cannot GRANT permission to EXECUTE for any other
user.

What's happening here???

Hugh de Saram

Thread
Server-side functionshugh10 Nov
  • Re: Server-side functionsGleb Paharenko11 Nov