List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:November 10 2005 2:59pm
Subject:Re: MySQL .NET Connector
View as plain text
Jesse

 >I can actually see the line # where AN error occurrs, but it doesn't make
 >sense. It indicates "Type 'MySqlConnection' is not defined", however,
it IS
 >defined. At the top of the file, I include <%@ Import
 >Namespace="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"%>. Besides this, before I did the
"Create
 >application" thing, I was able to access and view the data on the
screen w/o
 >a problem. It's only after doing the "Create Application" that this is an
 >issue.

You might try the .NET list (http://lists.mysql.com/dotnet). Meanwhile
make sure your header code includes ...
  <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %>
  <%@ import Namespace="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" %>
  Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
    Dim myConnection  As MySqlConnection
    Dim myDataAdapter As MySqlDataAdapter
    Dim myDataSet     As DataSet
    myConnection = New MySqlConnection("server=...;")

PB

-----