List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Baisley Date:November 10 2005 2:21pm
Subject:Re: Does BLOB=Memo?
View as plain text
It depends, BLOB you can store just about anything in, like a
document or an image. If you just want to store lots of text, then
use the TEXT type.

On Nov 9, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Jesse Castleberry wrote:

> I'm a bit new to MySQL.  I need to create a Memo field (a field
> that could
> contain a lot of information).  I know that in some languages, BLOB
> is a
> Memo field.  Is that the case with MySQL?  If so, are there some
> parameters
> that I need to use here, or should I use another type to represent
> my Memo
> field?
>
> Thanks,
> Jesse

Brent Baisley
Systems Architect
Landover Associates, Inc.
p: 212.759.6400/800.759.0577

Thread
Does BLOB=Memo?Jesse Castleberry9 Nov
  • RE: Does BLOB=Memo?J.R. Bullington9 Nov
    • Re: Does BLOB=Memo?Martijn Tonies9 Nov
  • Re: Does BLOB=Memo?Brent Baisley10 Nov