List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:H O de Saram Date:November 10 2005 10:26am
Subject:Stored Procs, functions
View as plain text
Database Manager
Marlborough College

I have written a little routine that returns somebody's age from a
date-of-birth input, and it has always worked perfectly as part of a
client-side front end.

However, the best place for it is as a server-side function, which MySQL
v.5 now allows. So I have re-written it as a server-side function and
tried to run it, but it only works so long as I log in as root. Any
other user throws up an error, regardless of permissions granted. And
even logged in as root, I cannot GRANT permission to EXECUTE for any
other user.

What's happening here???

Hugh de Saram

Thread
Stored Procs, functionsH O de Saram10 Nov
  • Re: Stored Procs, functionsPeter Brawley10 Nov