List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Castleberry Date:November 4 2005 9:48pm
Subject:How to rename a database
View as plain text
I need to rename a database.  I read somewhere that I could simply stop the
MySQL database server and rename the folder that contains the data, re-start
MySQL, and I'm good-to-go.  However, I tried this, and while it appears to
have worked initially, when I try to access one of the tables in the
database, I get the error, "fccamp.activities doesn't exist".  When I rename
the folder back to "fccamp_dbo", it works just fine.

So, how do I rename a database correctly?  I'm using MySQL 5.0 in a Windows
XP environment.

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
How to rename a databaseJesse Castleberry4 Nov
  • Re: How to rename a databasePeter Brawley4 Nov