List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:J.R. Bullington Date:November 4 2005 12:57pm
Subject:RE: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?
View as plain text
My turn to chime in on this one...

I have been using ASP/MySQL on a Windows AND Linux box without any issues.
Yes, that's right, ASP, with the right 3rd party software, can even run on
Linux. (Don't ask Why??, just note that it can be done!)

As long as you create a system DSN (IMOH, the easiest way to go) to connect
to your MySQL databases (you have to use the MyODBC 3.51 driver), you won't
have any problems coding ASP with MySQL as your backend. You can use the MS
Jet to connect, however it puts another layer of complexity into the mix.

Just another option...

J.R.