List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pooly Date:November 4 2005 12:36pm
Subject:Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?
View as plain text
2005/11/4, Marc Pidoux <list@stripped>:
> I've been using ASP for years but I have to work on a bigger project
> involving many users and data so of course, Access is not an option
> anymore. Since it's a project requiring thousand of files and several
> applications all linked together, I can't create it once and change it
> later. Basically, which option is the best between PHP/MySQL and
> ASP/MSSQL? It's not a giant project but it might include around 20'000
> members interacting daily through forums, blogs, messages etc...

A setup of ASP/MySQL could be a right option for you if you already
know ASP. I'm not sure if it's possible though (using ODBC ?).

--
Pooly
Webzine Rock : http://www.w-fenec.org/
Thread
PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Marc Pidoux4 Nov
  • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Jigal van Hemert4 Nov
    • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Joerg Bruehe4 Nov
      • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Jigal van Hemert4 Nov
        • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Erich Beyrent4 Nov
    • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?SGreen4 Nov
  • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Pooly4 Nov
    • RE: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?J.R. Bullington4 Nov
  • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Peter Brawley4 Nov
    • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Nestor4 Nov
  • Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Subscriptions4 Nov
Re: PHP/MySQL vs ASP/MSSQL?Peter J Milanese4 Nov