List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Pidoux Date:November 4 2005 6:14am
Subject:Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?
View as plain text
Yes!!!!! That's so cool, took me a little while to have it working but
it works.

I can retrieve a MySQL table in MS Access and even upload a new table
from MS Access to MySQL but I cannot update it from MS Access, when I
try to upload an updated table, I get an error "Table already exists"
which makes sense but I want to update/overwrite it. Something like
downloading the table from MySQL, edit some of the fields and data in MS
Access and reupload the whole thing. Is this possible too?

Thanks again!

Marc

Dan Nelson wrote:

>In the last episode (Nov 03), Marc Pidoux said:
>

>>Eh, eh, sorry, stupid question for some of you, I'm sure...
>>
>>I'm wondering if there is a way to edit a MySQL DB through MS Access
>>like you can for an MSSQL DB? I want to edit a lot of data, tables
>>etc... and doing it through phpMyAdmin just isn't very efficient.
>>

>Sure.  Just install the MySQL ODBC connector and link to the tables
>same as you would for MS SQL.  There is a whole section in the manual
>detailing this:
>
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/msaccess.html

Thread
Edit MySQL through MS Access?Marc Pidoux3 Nov
  • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?Dan Nelson3 Nov
    • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?Stephen Moretti3 Nov
    • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?Marc Pidoux4 Nov
      • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?SGreen4 Nov