List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen Moretti Date:November 3 2005 3:36pm
Subject:Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?
View as plain text
Dan Nelson wrote:

>In the last episode (Nov 03), Marc Pidoux said:
>

>>Eh, eh, sorry, stupid question for some of you, I'm sure...
>>
>>I'm wondering if there is a way to edit a MySQL DB through MS Access
>>like you can for an MSSQL DB? I want to edit a lot of data, tables
>>etc... and doing it through phpMyAdmin just isn't very efficient.
>>

>Sure.  Just install the MySQL ODBC connector and link to the tables
>same as you would for MS SQL.  There is a whole section in the manual
>detailing this:
>
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/msaccess.html

But you would probably just as well to install one of the many MySQL
GUIs out there.  I actually quite like MySQLs suite of tools now.  Query
Browser is still a bit buggy, but its getting better each iteration.

http://dev.mysql.com/ - just check out the links in the box on the right
hand side.

Stephen

Thread
Edit MySQL through MS Access?Marc Pidoux3 Nov
  • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?Dan Nelson3 Nov
    • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?Stephen Moretti3 Nov
    • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?Marc Pidoux4 Nov
      • Re: Edit MySQL through MS Access?SGreen4 Nov