List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:November 2 2005 7:59am
Subject:Re: MySQL show databases - all db shown
View as plain text
Hello.

If all your users has 'SHOW DATABASES' privilege, it is normal behavior.
However, probably, it is not you want. You may want to
update the grant tables manually and revoke this privilege from your
users.

> Hi,
>
> When I migrated from 3.23 to 4.0 version (if I'm remember well), I think
> I missed to upgrade something, so all my MySQL users are able to see the
> list of the databases on my server. Currently, the MySQL version is
> 5.0.15, i ran the mysql database upgrade script, but it still is a
> problem. What should I do, to hide the databases, and my users just see
> the databases they have rights for to select/etc. from? Or is it the
> normal behaviour?
>
> Bye,
>   Andras

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
MySQL show databases - all db shownBÁRTHÁZI András1 Nov
  • Re: MySQL show databases - all db shownMichael Stassen2 Nov
    • Re: MySQL show databases - all db shownBÁRTHÁZI András2 Nov
      • Re: MySQL show databases - all db shownMichael Stassen2 Nov
        • Re: MySQL show databases - all db shownPaul DuBois3 Nov
          • Re: MySQL show databases - all db shownMichael Stassen3 Nov
  • Re: MySQL show databases - all db shownGleb Paharenko3 Nov