List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 3 2005 5:28am
Subject:Re: Mysql and JDBC connection time out.
View as plain text
At 14:57 -0400 11/2/05, Xiaobo Chen wrote:
>I already turned off the firewall on the XP machine, but it doesn't work
>either. I am doubting that in the database on the other Solaris machine,
>it doesn't allow the connection from the XP machine. I am doubting this
>way because other application on other Solaris machine can conenction to
>the mysql database.

That's incorrect.  The error message doesn't indicate that you connected
but the MySQL server rejected your connection.  The message indicates
that you couldn't even get a connection to the port.

The problem lies in your XP machine.  Try telnetting to port 80 (HTTP
port) of various machines and see if you can get a connection.  If
not, that'll tell you that you cannot get any outbound connection.

>If so, is there any way to enable the XP machine to access the database?
>
>Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
>Xiaobo
>
>>  Xiaobo Chen wrote:
>>
>>>  then I tried 'telnet':
>>>
>>>  telnet aaa.bbb.ca or telnet aaa.bbb.ca:3306
>>>
>>>  both case, it said:  Could not connected to the host , on port 23:
>>>  connect
>>>  failed.
>>
>>  Your second example is invalid -- it should be `aaa.bbb.ca 3306` --
>>  so it's not surprising that didn't work :-)
>>
>>  But the first one is OK, and shows that this has nothing whatsoever
>>  to do with MySQL; you'll have to find out why your XP machine is not
>>  apparently able to create outbound connections.
>>
>>  Good luck,
>>  --
>>  Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan@stripped
>>  Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-938-0567   === http://webtuitive.com
>>
>>                            dream.  code.
>>

>>  --
>>

>--

Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
Mysql and JDBC connection time out.Xiaobo Chen2 Nov
  • Re: Mysql and JDBC connection time out.Hassan Schroeder2 Nov
    • Re: Mysql and JDBC connection time out.Xiaobo Chen2 Nov
      • Re: Mysql and JDBC connection time out.Hassan Schroeder2 Nov
        • Re: Mysql and JDBC connection time out.Xiaobo Chen2 Nov
          • Re: Mysql and JDBC connection time out.Hassan Schroeder2 Nov
      • Re: Mysql and JDBC connection time out.Paul DuBois3 Nov