List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Köhntopp Date:April 15 1999 2:47pm
Subject:Re: Oracle to mysql
View as plain text
"Terpstra, Martin" schrieb:
> does anybody know an easy way to copy data from
> an Oracle database into a mysql database ?

PHP, linked against libmysql and the Oracle database adapter.
Then connect to both databases and wreck havoc as you see fit
(i.e. you may do any transformation on the data as you copy it).

Also, you could export from Oracle in CSV format, using one of
Oracles report or export features. Then LOAD DATA INFILE that
into MySQL. This is faster than the PHP solution, but does not
allow for complex translations during the process.

Kristian

--
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00