List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jigal van Hemert Date:October 27 2005 12:38pm
Subject:Re: Circular Replication
View as plain text
Stefan Kuhn wrote:
> Am Thursday 27 October 2005 12:56 schrieb Raphaël 'SurcouF' Bordet:
>
>>Le vendredi 16 septembre 2005 à 18:14 +0200, Stefan Kuhn a écrit :
>>
>>>I'm using it with four machines (geographically separate) and it works
>>>fine. Stefan
>>
>>And can writes on each server in simultaneous time ?
>
> I don't understand the question. Replication is pretty fast, but is not
> guaranteed to happen in a certain time (not real-time).

Stefan,

I think Raphaël wants to know if a user can use any server in the circle
to update or insert records and that the changes will be replicated to
all other servers.

In another thread he stated that it was for maintaining student
information on various remote locations (a student can login into the
system on any of the locations).

What happens if a record is updated on two servers and the changes are
forwarded to the other servers in the circle? I dont' think that this
would occur often with student information, but both the student and the
administration department might update a record "simultaniously" (in
comparison to the speed of replication with several remote locations).

Regards, Jigal.

Thread
Circular ReplicationJeff16 Sep
  • Re: Circular ReplicationDan Nelson16 Sep
    • RE: Circular ReplicationJeff16 Sep
      • Re: Circular ReplicationDevananda16 Sep
  • Re: Circular ReplicationStefan Kuhn16 Sep
    • Re: Circular ReplicationRaphaĆ«l 'SurcouF' Bordet27 Oct
      • Re: Circular ReplicationStefan Kuhn27 Oct
        • Re: Circular ReplicationJigal van Hemert27 Oct
          • Re: Circular ReplicationDevananda28 Oct
RE: Circular ReplicationJeff McKeon16 Sep
  • RE: Circular ReplicationJeff16 Sep
    • Re: Circular ReplicationDevananda16 Sep
      • Re: Circular ReplicationSid Lane19 Sep
        • Re: Circular ReplicationAlec.Cawley19 Sep
          • Re: Circular ReplicationSid Lane19 Sep
          • RE: Circular ReplicationJeff20 Sep
            • Re: Circular ReplicationDevananda20 Sep
    • Re: Circular ReplicationBruce Dembecki21 Sep
RE: Circular ReplicationJeff20 Sep
RE: Circular ReplicationJeff21 Sep
  • Re: Circular ReplicationBruce Dembecki22 Sep
    • Re: Circular ReplicationHank26 Sep
      • Re: Circular ReplicationHank26 Sep