List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dotan Cohen Date:October 24 2005 10:54am
Subject:Re: Not operator in Select statements
View as plain text
On 10/24/05, Jasper Bryant-Greene <jasper@stripped> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 06:09 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > How do I use a not operator in the WHERE clause? The obvious != and
> > NOT didn't work for me. Something along the lines of:
> > $query = "SELECT album, year FROM albums WHERE year!=1990 ORDER BY year ASC";
>
> The above query is syntactically correct. If it didn't work for you,
> then your problem lies elsewhere. Perhaps post your error message?
>
> By the way, your question would have been answered by reading the
> manual...
>
> Jasper Bryant-Greene

Thank you Jasper. I remember from the manual that this _should_be
correct. But when it doesn't work I am inclinded to ask. I will go try
to track down the cause of my disappointment with the query. Thank
you.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/332/mccartney_paul.php
McCartney, Paul Song Lyrics
Thread
Not operator in Select statementsDotan Cohen24 Oct
  • Re: Not operator in Select statementsJasper Bryant-Greene24 Oct
    • Re: Not operator in Select statementsDotan Cohen24 Oct