List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:October 20 2005 10:05pm
Subject:Bug in 4.0? 'CREATE TABLE `db`.`table ..' fails silently on replication
slave
View as plain text
I ran into a problem on a replication setup, where if you issue the
following CREATE statement on the master the table will get created and
the query entered into the binlog, however the slave ignores it silently:
	CREATE TABLE `db`.`table` (a INT DEFAULT 0)

I have duplicated this exact issue on several different setups, one
running 4.0.24 on both the slave and master. Is this by design, is it a
bug, or?

The manual states
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-table.html):
"In MySQL 5.0, the table name can be specified as db_name.tbl_name to
create the table in a specific database. This works whether or not there
is a current database. If you use quoted identifiers, quote the database
and table names separately. For example, `mydb`.`mytbl` is legal, but
`mydb.mytbl` is not."

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator
Thread
Bug in 4.0? 'CREATE TABLE `db`.`table ..' fails silently on replicationslaveAtle Veka21 Oct
  • Re: Bug in 4.0? 'CREATE TABLE `db`.`table ..' fails silently on replication slaveGleb Paharenko22 Oct
  • Re: Bug in 4.0? 'CREATE TABLE `db`.`table ..' fails silently onreplication slaveAtle Veka26 Oct
    • Re: Bug in 4.0? 'CREATE TABLE `db`.`table ..' fails silently on replication slaveGleb Paharenko26 Oct