List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Clyde Lewis Date:October 20 2005 1:22pm
Subject:Re: copy database other than mysqldump
View as plain text
You could copy the entire mysql directory structure to an isolated area
on disk. This will involve stopping the instance though.

Luke Vanderfluit wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm using 4.0.18 and for legacy reasons I can't upgrade that.
>
> However I'm upgrading the database to a new schema.
> I want to copy the database before I make changes to the schema, so
> that if anything goes wrong, I can revert back.
>
> I have a dump file of the database but that is around 5GIG, so takes
> around an hour to restore.
> Is there a quicker way to copy a database other than to do a dump.
>
> Thanks.
> Kind regards.

Thread
copy database other than mysqldumpLuke Vanderfluit20 Oct
  • Re: copy database other than mysqldumpClyde Lewis20 Oct
    • Re: copy database other than mysqldumpsheeri kritzer20 Oct
  • Re: copy database other than mysqldumpGleb Paharenko21 Oct