List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luke Vanderfluit Date:October 20 2005 7:10am
Subject:copy database other than mysqldump
View as plain text
Hi.

I'm using 4.0.18 and for legacy reasons I can't upgrade that.

However I'm upgrading the database to a new schema.
I want to copy the database before I make changes to the schema, so that
if anything goes wrong, I can revert back.

I have a dump file of the database but that is around 5GIG, so takes
around an hour to restore.
Is there a quicker way to copy a database other than to do a dump.

Thanks.
Kind regards.

--
Luke

Thread
copy database other than mysqldumpLuke Vanderfluit20 Oct
  • Re: copy database other than mysqldumpClyde Lewis20 Oct
    • Re: copy database other than mysqldumpsheeri kritzer20 Oct
  • Re: copy database other than mysqldumpGleb Paharenko21 Oct