List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mihail Manolov Date:October 19 2005 9:34pm
Subject:Re: ARCHIVE storage engine and INSERT DELAY in MySQL 4.1
View as plain text
Jeff Smelser wrote:

> I would highly suspect this is a bug.. I would submit one.. unless someone
> else knows better..
>
> Not real sure why you really need delayed, archive is suppose to be much
> faster on inserts then even myisam.
>
> Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

It's the way our code is written, and I just changed the table type and
began getting this error. We have lots of data to insert into this
table, therefore the optimal option is to use DELAYED and insert them in
blocks.

Not sure why they say that ARCHIVE storage engine is a new feature in 5.0?

Mihail

Thread
ARCHIVE storage engine and INSERT DELAY in MySQL 4.1Mihail Manolov19 Oct
  • Re: ARCHIVE storage engine and INSERT DELAY in MySQL 4.1Gleb Paharenko21 Oct
Re: ARCHIVE storage engine and INSERT DELAY in MySQL 4.1Mihail Manolov19 Oct
Re: ARCHIVE storage engine and INSERT DELAY in MySQL 4.1Mihail Manolov19 Oct
  • Re: ARCHIVE storage engine and INSERT DELAY in MySQL 4.1Jeff Smelser20 Oct