List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ledina Hido Date:October 19 2005 5:52pm
Subject:Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error Messages
View as plain text
On 19 Oct 2005, at 15:58, Martijn Tonies wrote:

>> Second, is there any way of getting more details out of an error
>> message? So for example, when doing a bulk upload to the database,
>> rather than just getting "Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign
>> key constraint fails" I would like to know which particular insert
>> statement (out of the 1000 I have) caused the problem, or which field
>> in this statement broke the constraint.
>>

> Check for "innodb status" in the documentation.

Is the "innodb status" the only way. I am looking for performance too
and I'm worried that parsing the whole log for the relevant error, or
even using regular expressions on it might be a bit slow.

Thanks again for your help,
Ledina
Thread
Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesLedina Hido19 Oct
  • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesMartijn Tonies19 Oct
    • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesLedina Hido19 Oct
    • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesJochem van Dieten19 Oct
  • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesMartijn Tonies19 Oct
    • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesJochem van Dieten19 Oct
      • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesLedina Hido19 Oct
  • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesMartijn Tonies20 Oct
    • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesJochem van Dieten20 Oct
  • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesMartijn Tonies20 Oct
  • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesHarald Fuchs20 Oct
    • Re: Checking Multiplicity Constraints and Retrieving Details from Error MessagesJochem van Dieten20 Oct