List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Baisley Date:October 19 2005 2:31pm
Subject:Re: Multiple INNER JOINS
View as plain text
It looks like MySQL is interpreting your "short form" join syntax a
different way than you expect. Try using the "long form" by
specifying which tables and fields you want to join.

SELECT ...
FROM Properties P
INNER JOIN Tax_Bands ON P.Tax_Band_ID=Tax_Bands.Tax_Band_ID
INNER JOIN Property_Types ON
P.Property_Type_ID=Property_Types.Property_Type_ID

On Oct 19, 2005, at 6:49 AM, Shaun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problems with the following query: I am trying to join
> Tax_Bands
> and Property_Types to Properties but the query seems to be joning
> Tax_Bands
> to Properties.
>
> SELECT P.*,
> Tax_Band,
> Property_Type
> FROM Properties P
> INNER JOIN Tax_Bands USING(Tax_Band_ID)
> INNER JOIN Property_Types USING(Property_Type_ID)
> WHERE P.Property_ID = 3
>
> Here is the error message I am getting:
>
> Unknown column 'Tax_Bands.Property_Type_ID' in 'on clause'
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> # ---------- MySQL dump ----------
> #
> # Table structure for table 'Properties'
> #
> CREATE TABLE Properties (
>   Property_ID int(11)  DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   Property_Name_Or_Number varchar(50)    ,
>   Address_Line_1 varchar(50)    ,
>   Address_Line_2 varchar(50)    ,
>   City varchar(50)    ,
>   County varchar(50)    ,
>   Postcode varchar(12)    ,
>   Sale_Price int(11)    ,
>   Asking_Price int(11)    ,
>   Years_On_Lease int(11)    ,
>   Tax_Band_ID int(11)    ,
>   Property_Type_ID int(11)    ,
>   Number_Of_Bedrooms int(11)    ,
>   Number_Of_Bathrooms int(11)    ,
>   Number_Of_Receptions int(11)    ,
>   Internal_Square_Footage int(11)    ,
>   Internal_Square_Meters int(11)    ,
>   Price_Per_Square_Foot decimal(6,2)    ,
>   Price_Per_Square_Meter decimal(6,2)    ,
>   Additional_Notes text    ,
>   PRIMARY KEY (Property_ID)
> );
>
> #
> # Table structure for table 'Property_Types'
> #
> CREATE TABLE Property_Types (
>   Property_Type_ID int(11)  DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   Property_Type varchar(50)    ,
>   PRIMARY KEY (Property_Type_ID)
> );
>
> #
> # Table structure for table 'Tax_Bands'
> #
> CREATE TABLE Tax_Bands (
>   Tax_Band_ID int(11)  DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   Tax_Band varchar(50)    ,
>   PRIMARY KEY (Tax_Band_ID)
> );
>
> # ----------- Dump ends -----------

Brent Baisley
Systems Architect
Landover Associates, Inc.
p: 212.759.6400/800.759.0577

Thread
Multiple INNER JOINSShaun19 Oct
  • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSPeter Brawley19 Oct
    • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSJochem van Dieten20 Oct
  • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSShaun19 Oct
    • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSPeter Brawley19 Oct
  • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSBrent Baisley19 Oct