List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 19 2005 2:10pm
Subject:Re: Multiple INNER JOINS
View as plain text
Shaun,

/>I am having problems with the following query: I am
 >trying to join Tax_Bands and Property_Types to Properties
 >but the query seems to be joning Tax_Bands to Properties./

That query generates no error in 5.0.13. There have been several
cascading join bugs, some fixed, some not. What version are you running?

PB

-----

Shaun wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am having problems with the following query: I am trying to join Tax_Bands
>and Property_Types to Properties but the query seems to be joning Tax_Bands
>to Properties.
>
>SELECT P.*,
>Tax_Band,
>Property_Type
>FROM Properties P
>INNER JOIN Tax_Bands USING(Tax_Band_ID)
>INNER JOIN Property_Types USING(Property_Type_ID)
>WHERE P.Property_ID = 3
>
>Here is the error message I am getting:
>
>Unknown column 'Tax_Bands.Property_Type_ID' in 'on clause'
>
>Thanks for your advice.
>
># ---------- MySQL dump ----------
>#
># Table structure for table 'Properties'
>#
>CREATE TABLE Properties (
>  Property_ID int(11)  DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>  Property_Name_Or_Number varchar(50)    ,
>  Address_Line_1 varchar(50)    ,
>  Address_Line_2 varchar(50)    ,
>  City varchar(50)    ,
>  County varchar(50)    ,
>  Postcode varchar(12)    ,
>  Sale_Price int(11)    ,
>  Asking_Price int(11)    ,
>  Years_On_Lease int(11)    ,
>  Tax_Band_ID int(11)    ,
>  Property_Type_ID int(11)    ,
>  Number_Of_Bedrooms int(11)    ,
>  Number_Of_Bathrooms int(11)    ,
>  Number_Of_Receptions int(11)    ,
>  Internal_Square_Footage int(11)    ,
>  Internal_Square_Meters int(11)    ,
>  Price_Per_Square_Foot decimal(6,2)    ,
>  Price_Per_Square_Meter decimal(6,2)    ,
>  Additional_Notes text    ,
>  PRIMARY KEY (Property_ID)
>);
>
>#
># Table structure for table 'Property_Types'
>#
>CREATE TABLE Property_Types (
>  Property_Type_ID int(11)  DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>  Property_Type varchar(50)    ,
>  PRIMARY KEY (Property_Type_ID)
>);
>
>#
># Table structure for table 'Tax_Bands'
>#
>CREATE TABLE Tax_Bands (
>  Tax_Band_ID int(11)  DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>  Tax_Band varchar(50)    ,
>  PRIMARY KEY (Tax_Band_ID)
>);

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.3/141 - Release Date: 10/18/2005
Thread
Multiple INNER JOINSShaun19 Oct
  • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSPeter Brawley19 Oct
    • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSJochem van Dieten20 Oct
  • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSShaun19 Oct
    • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSPeter Brawley19 Oct
  • Re: Multiple INNER JOINSBrent Baisley19 Oct