List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 19 2005 3:45am
Subject:Re: I can't find any variables used "show variables"
View as plain text
>My kernel version is 5.0.12.
>When i learn the manual,i didn't find any variables in the manul
>when i used "show variables".Weither there is a lack of manual
>updating?

Some system variables can be read by running /mysqld --help/ or
/mysqladmin variables/ from a command line. Some can be SET and SELECTed
in a mysql client, some can be displayed, by the command SHOW VARIABLES
in a mysql client.

System variables can be set in option files or on the server command line.
For how to use option files see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/option-files.html,
for command line options see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Server_options.html,
for use of such variables in db admin see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_Database_Administration.html,
about System Variables see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/System_Variables.html,
for the SHOW VARIABLES command see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/SHOW_VARIABLES.html and in the INNODB
section http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB.html.

PB

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.3/141 - Release Date: 10/18/2005
Thread
I can't find any variables used "show variables"王 旭19 Oct
  • Re: I can't find any variables used "show variables"Paul DuBois19 Oct
    • Re: I can't find any variables used "show variables"王 旭19 Oct
      • Re: I can't find any variables used "show variables"Paul DuBois19 Oct
  • Re: I can't find any variables used "show variables"Peter Brawley19 Oct