List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 18 2005 1:51pm
Subject:Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?
View as plain text
Gleb,

> I don't think that it is possible to recover the data from the new
> table, because ALTER operation creates a new table and fills it with
> data (and truncates the data). But why did the system backup not help
> you? Could you describe the situation more in detail. If you haven't
> flushed you binary logs, you may want to make an attempt to recover the
> data from them.

As a sidenote - shouldn't MySQL raise an error when data gets truncated?

If the truncation happens silently, chances are you'll never find out until
someone does a report or whatever?!

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Jim Seymour17 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko18 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies18 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko18 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Harald Fuchs19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Jigal van Hemert19 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct