List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:October 17 2005 9:09pm
Subject:Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?
View as plain text
Hello.

I don't think that it is possible to recover the data from the new
table, because ALTER operation creates a new table and fills it with
data (and truncates the data). But why did the system backup not help
you? Could you describe the situation more in detail. If you haven't
flushed you binary logs, you may want to make an attempt to recover the
data from them.

Jim Seymour wrote:
> My bad. I was renaming some columns in a table. I incorrectly set the
> type to decimal(4,2) and the data was truncated/hosed. Is there a way to
> recover the data. I tried a system backup from yesterday. That changed
> nothing. I have already set the column type back to the correct
> settings. I am running MySQL v5.0.13 on a Debian Etch(Testing) box.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jim Seymour

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Jim Seymour17 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko18 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies18 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko18 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Harald Fuchs19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Jigal van Hemert19 Oct
    • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Gleb Paharenko19 Oct
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - how to fix truncated data?Martijn Tonies19 Oct